Hopeful


I am shaken!
My cochlear is ringing! 
My red blood is clotting! 
I can talk but not speak!
Are these my last kicks? 
No!

We crossed the Nile bridge
For the best opportunities
Mama, they lied!
We are warriors
Do we give up and go home?
No!

Mama, we are slaves!
Slaves not in Qatar or Dubai
Mama, we are slaves in our country!
The system is neither just nor fair!
Mama, do i come back to the village?
No!

My eyes are teary!
But you raised a fighter, mama! 
"Giving-up is not in your dictionary"
Mama, you told me that!
When all seems impossible
Do we put our tools down?
No! 

Mama, my shoe-sole is worn out! 
This path i have taken is bushy!
I do not know what lies ahead!
Thorns, bumps, blockages and snakes!
Do i return home and cultivate that land?
No!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts